Working together - growing forever!
“Every individual is valued and is given the greatest possible opportunity to achieve their best in a school where pupil needs are met, enabling social and academic achievement with the highest possible outcomes”.
To achieve our vision, our aims are:
- To provide stimulating curriculum and pastoral support with development of academic, social and life skills
- To integrate therapies to meet the social and emotional needs of learners.
- To foster a ”can do” mindset in learners and staff
- To provide appropriate challenge and expectation, both academically and socially to promote high achievement.
This will be achieved through the following mechanisms:
- Teaching and learning will be creative, relevant, challenging and enjoyable ensuring that everyone learns and develops.
- The curriculum will be practical, imaginative and relevant ensuring equality of opportunity for all pupils, and ensuring development of life skills.
- We will provide quality care that is nurturing and consistent, in a safe and secure environment, for all individuals.
- Assessment will recognise attainment and achievement, whilst providing opportunities for teaching teams, parents and pupils to plan the next steps in academic and personal development
- A partnership based on our shared vision will be sought with parents, carers, governors and the community through effective communication, team work and by valuing all contributions.
- By providing a safe, positive, caring and nurturing environment, where the individual is celebrated and fundamental British values are promoted.
The school ethos is based on using positive relationships to achieve potential.
Croft Community School has a caring and supportive environment, which aims to develop individuality, creativity and enthusiasm.
We are committed to setting high standards in all aspects of school life and to encourage pupils to be responsible members of the school and wider community.
Our expectations are that pupils ensure:
- Right place, right time
- Speak positively to others
- Follow staff requests
- Respect the needs of others
- Be ready to learn and try your best