“Every individual is valued and is given the greatest possible opportunity to achieve their best in a school where pupil needs are met, enabling social and academic achievement with the highest possible outcomes”.
To achieve our vision, our aims are:
- To provide stimulating curriculum and pastoral support with development of academic, social and life skills
- To integrate therapies to meet the social and emotional needs of learners.
- To foster a ”can do” mindset in learners and staff
- To provide appropriate challenge and expectation, both academically and socially to promote high achievement.
This will be achieved through the following mechanisms:
- Teaching and learning will be creative, relevant, challenging and enjoyable ensuring that everyone learns and develops.
- The curriculum will be practical, imaginative and relevant ensuring equality of opportunity for all children, and ensuring development of life skills.
- We will provide quality care that is nurturing and consistent, in a safe and secure environment, for all individuals.
- Assessment will recognise attainment and achievement, whilst providing opportunities for teaching teams, parents and children to plan the next steps in academic and personal development
- A partnership based on our shared vision will be sought with parents, carers, governors and the community through effective communication, team work and by valuing all contributions.
- By providing a safe, positive, caring and nurturing environment, where the individual is celebrated and fundamental British values are promoted.